Rules For LMP1 (pt 2)
6. BODY & ACCESORIES
The LMP bodies as manufactured and distributed by Carrera are not permitted.
The Audi R10 body that is manufactured and distributed by Revell is not permitted.
Body must be manufactured and/or assembled from one or more of the following materials : molded polystyrene, (i.e. plastic model kits) or molded and/or resin laminated with glass fiber, carbon fiber, or similar materials.
The exterior of the body has to acurately represent the 1/1 car. This is to the discretion of the scrutineers to judge.
Lexan is allowed for the interior, windows etc., rear wing, diffuser and small add-on parts. Lexan is allowed for a rear vertical aero wing e.g. 2011 Peugeot 908, etc. Lexan is not allowed to make up an integrated part of the body.
The body must cover all chassis and axel parts, so that no chassis part or axel part is visible when the car is looked at from above. This also includes the guide.
Exception: Cars that had openings above all 4 wheels as was mandatory in 1/1 racing since 2012, may have these openings aswell in 1/24, at the correct positions.
Interior must contain at least the following 3-dimensional items :
painted driver figure with legs,
painted head/helmet combination in a hard plastic material.
Bodies must be equipped with:
Front windshield and side windows if existing on the 1/1 race car
Front splitter if existing on the 1/1 race car
Rear view mirror(s)
Functioning lights have to be present at least during the night section. These lights have to be installed on their original 1/1 location in the car.
Front lights: minimum two lights in total, one left, one right, yellow or white color, bright beam.
Rear lights: minimum two lights in total, one left, one right, red color, diffuse light.
ONLY ONE BODY DURING THE RACE
Only one body is allowed to be used for the duration of the race.
ONLY ONE CHASSIS DURING THE RACE
Only one chassis is allowed to be used for the duration of the race
Following repairs must be carried out within 5 laps from when the damage first occurred :
– replacing or refitting the windshield
– refitting the rear wing is allowed by using glue and/or tape (any tape).
– the wing has to be placed back in it’s original position and has to resemble the ‘spirit’ of the original mounting.
– a repaired, damaged or partially lost wing must be no less than 60mm wide and 5mm deep AT ALL TIMES.
– replacing or refitting the wheel insert(s)
– if the body or any part of the car other then the guide and wheels, touch or risk damage the track.
During night sections, non-functioning front and/or rear lights
– the lights are considered to be non-functioning if less then 3 corners of the car are illuminated for more then half a lap with the exception of braking for a corner.
Unless specifically directed by the race direction, all repairs must be carried out during racing time.
9. GENERAL RACE RULES
No lap will be returned to any team with the exception of:
– the car has passed the counter in a wrong lane and this has been confirmed by more than 1 person.
– the powersupply of the track fails.
If a lost part should cause the track to short or loose power, it will NOT result in laps being given back.
If a car does not pass the post race TC, all laps of the best stint will be deducted from the overall lap total result
Thanks to this weeks sponsor Wenatchee Siding Contractors